(Meeting held on Zoom)
• Andrew Robinson (President) welcomed everyone and outlined guidelines
Review of past minutes • Motion of acceptance (Andrew), seconded (Curtis) - approved
Environmental Committee Update / Discussion – Jon (Chair)
• No update, committee members unable to attend meeting
Planning & Traffic Committee Update / Discussion – Herman (Chair)
• The proposed Jamesville plan has been appealed by CNR which means NENA maybe able / can and be a part of.
• New provincial policies from the Ontario government are limiting the appeal ability and powers from third parties (NENA) and Developers
• The new policies are giving a lot of power to local City councillors
• There is a possibility for local associations to appear the new legislation to get the power of appeals back
• Herman is currently coordinating with planners about getting concerns and open space issues addressed.
• Committee is still trying to coordinate a resolution to Jamesville with the developer to avoid an appeal.
• Concern raised during discussion that new policies could lead to increased development or boundaries at the pier.
Financial Update – Curtis (Chair)
• No changes to current account balance
• NENA only facilitated charges / fees for Walk The Block, not pay for.
Library & Community Update – Robert
• Library has support / interest in Discovery Centre location
• Website concerns / questions are being addressed as they arise
Other Business / Updates
• At our next meeting in December NENA Board positions will be discussed
• St. Lawrence Church holding Nibbles & Bids fundraiser, asked for donation of $50.00 – motion (Andrew), seconded (Curtis) – approved
• Northend Breeze is currently looking for and reviewing suggestions for community nominations of Northend of the Year
• The recent food drive was a success with both money and food donations exceeding last years campaign
• Our new Ward 2 Councillor is not communicating with the Spector, limiting open conversation with the public and engagement.
• Option raised during discussion to reach to those parties / write letters while not focusing on race, creed or sex but communication
• Pier 8 sales centre / office of interest will be open after services, water and sewer for area are in place
• If asked NENA will support the Northend Breeze with the same donation as made last year – motion (Herman), second (Maggie) – approved
• Robert and Keith are coordinating an email blast for the award nominations through Annabel
• No development plan for Bayview Park to remain green space.
• Motion to close meeting (Andrew), seconded (Robert) – approved
• December 7, 2022 at 7:00pm through Zoom