PLANNING AND TRAFFIC COMMITTEE
There are Big Changes Happening in our Community
The NENA Planning and Traffic Committee is made up of about a dozen association members who meet regularly to address the many changes happening in our community and assess their impact on North End neighbourhood residents. The committee's goal is to keep NENA informed about local development projects through monthly reports to the general membership including recommendations as to how to advocate community concerns regarding new developments and traffic management. If you are interested in joining the committee please reach out to us and come to NENA's general membership meeting the first Wednesday of every month.
JAMES STREET NORTH COMPREHENSIVE RE-ZONING REPORT
Should James Street's zoning guidelines be determined one project at a time?
- See our committee's report on the comprehensive re-zoning of James St. North
600 JAMES STREET NORTH
10 Storey Development Proposal Denied by City Council but Overruled by the Lands Planning Appeals Tribunal.
As of this time the proposed development looks set to continue.
Jamesville Property Sold, Redevelopment Plan to be Submitted Soon
- Will Include affordable housing
- Indications project will comply with existing zoning guidelines
- Developer has worked closely and cooperatively with the Association's Planning and Traffic Committee
PIER 6/7 WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT
Pier 6/7 Site Preparation Under Construction
- Development lots for sale
- Construction of boardwalk well under way
- Art installation at the bottom of James Street expected spring 2022